United Way Releases Grant Eligibility Process
Community Investment Grant
Spring Hill, FL (January 29, 2021) - United Way of Hernando County’s 2021-2023 Community Investment Grant (CIG) Eligibility Process is now open until February 26, 2021. This CIG process includes a 2-year grant cycle option for those determined eligible at the end of year one. Interested applicants must be a 501(c)3 health & human service organization, serve Hernando County residents, and align with United Way's Priority Areas through HEALTH, EDUCATION, FINANCIAL STABILITY, and/or BASIC NEEDS/CRISIS PREVENTION.Applicants must complete the Eligibility Process online by logging in through United Way of Hernando County's e-CImpact grant portal and following the provided instructions. www.UnitedWayHernando.org/CIG-Eligibility
New agencies must create an account and register their organization through e-CImpact.
Current Partner Programs must log in through their e-CImpact account and select "2021-23 Eligibility" in the far left column of the Home page. They will have the option to select from Program(s) previously listed in the system or add a new one. Please do not duplicate Programs.
The following criteria must be met prior to Program funding being considered:
· The 501(c) 3 organization’s Program serves Hernando County residents.
· The organization must have an all-volunteer Board of Directors (i.e. President/ED is a non-voting member)
· Funded Program(s) will need to provide measurable outcomes, indicators, and community impact.
· Programs(s) requesting funding must be operational for at least one year prior to the CIG submission date.
· The organization must be listed on 2-1-1 Hernando.
· The organization must have a budget approved by their Board of Directors annually.
· The organization’s Program(s) must have balanced budget(s) and demonstrate financially accountability.
· The organization’s administrative/fundraising rate cannot exceed 25% in order to be considered.
· The organization's Program(s) must comply with UWHC's Diversity Policy:
· Duplication of program(s) in Hernando County will be considered by the CIG Committee.
· The organization must be able to explain expanded Program(s), if applicable.
· The organization is expected to partner with United Way, incorporate United Way branding, and is expected to abide by the terms as indicated in the UWHC Affiliation Agreement & USA Patriot Act.If the organization and Program(s) meet all criteria by the deadline of 5:00 PM on Friday, February 26, 2021, qualified applicants will personally be contacted and invited to attend the virtual CIG Agency Workshop held the beginning of March 2021. This virtual workshop will include an in-depth review of the online grant process through e-CImpact and organizations will gain access to the 2021-2023 CIG Application. Please note that the virtual CIG Agency Workshop will be mandatory for all applicants.
True community impact cannot be accomplished alone. United Way strives each year to assure Community Investment Funds support needed Programs and services. Funding amounts are contingent upon actual donations received. The percentage of CIG awards invested in each Priority Area are based on identified unmet needs and strategic planning. We thank Hernando for the continued support and Partner Programs for their local accomplishments.
Please contact the United Way of Hernando County office with any questions by calling 352-688-2026 or visiting www.UnitedWayHernando.org/CIG-Eligibility.